On May 12-13, 2020 we held our first Expert Forum on “Innovative Virtual Teaching and Learning” moderated by the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD) from Germany. The Forum has been organised in three sessions, one for academic staff, one for students and one for Albanian experts and decision makers (including the Ministry of Education). The sessions were arranged as a free room for discussion on topics that included, among others: Virtual Collaborative Learning; Technical and didactic learning practices; e-Learning environment and spaces; Students/staff digital literacy; Digital learning tools and platforms.
Each forum was introduced by a welcome from the project manager of TUD, Mattis Altmann, a presentation on the Virtual Collaborative Learning (VCL) concept by Prof. Eric Schoop from TUD, and a presentation on the results of the “Albanian Needs Assessment report“ by Dr. Besarta Vladi from UET.
- 1st session, Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 with Academic Staff from HEIs in Albania
- 2nd session, Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 with students from HEIs in Albania
- 3rd session, Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 with national stakeholders, among which experts from the Albanian Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth, the Quality Assurance Agency of Higher Education (ASCAL), the Directory of Taxes Korce, and the Lower Secondary School “Sotir Gurra” Korce.
12-13 May 2020
The event was originally planned to take place in Tirana, hosted by the European University of Tirana. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions it has been moved online on the same dates.
The Expert Forum was attended by 9 universities from 4 different countries (Albania, Slovenia, Italy and Germany). Academic staff, students and experts were invited to attend and animate the discussions.
- Expert Forum Teaser Video
- What is Virtual Collaborative Learning? Prof. Dr. rer. pol. habil. Eric Scoop
- VALEU-X Expert Forum, Mattis Altman, Project Manager
- Needs Assessment Report Albania, Dr. Besarta Vladi
- Digital Expert Forum – Virtual Mobility in Albania, LS WIIM Blog
- Epoka University co-hosted a series of Expert Forums on “Innovative Virtual Teaching and Learning”, Epoka University
- First Expert Forum on “Innovative Virtual Teaching and Learning” held by the VALEU-X project, UNIMED